Question from Job Seeker
I applied for a job opportunity at a large corporation a couple of weeks ago. After a few days, I received the interview call from that company and I went to give the interview the following day. The interview went quite satisfactory. I was told that I will be called for another interview if I get shortlisted from this one. Then after a few weeks, to my surprise, I received a second interview call from that company.
After my first interview, I realized that the company is a dynamic corporation and the job I was interviewed for is very attractive. This is the reason I am very excited about this second interview opportunity. I would like to request ROZEE Team to suggest me best tips to nail the job with a great second interview.
Answer From ROZEE
Firstly, praise yourself for being called for a second interview. It is quite satisfying to be called for a second or subsequent interview because you are another step closer to having the job. However, it is important to mark yourself and ensure that you stand out from the rest.
As compared to the first interview, a second interview involves more preparation, more questions, more intensity and more pressure. Following tips might help you make a solid impression in the second interview:
• Do not neglect to review your performance from your first interview. Note any questions or situations that caused you difficulty and plan how you will handle those aspects better in the second interview. Think about what made you shine in the first interview, and plan to do more of the same. Come up with new information you can bring into the second interview i.e. new accomplishments and achievements.
• Prepare for the second interview even more than you did for the first interview. Explore even deeper into the company’s profile. Talking with company insiders is one of the most productive ways to prepare for a second interview.
• Be aware that you might be asked to take a psychometric tests dealing with such things as skills, intelligence and personality. There is not a lot you can do to prepare for them. Also expect behavioral questions, which are commonly asked in second interviews.
• A major reason for the second interview is so the employer can see how well you fit in with the company culture. Put yourself in the employer’s shoes and realize that the interviewers want to learn how well will be your organizational behavior at the company.
• You might be asked some of the same questions you were asked in the first interview, but some new ones as well. Second-interview questions may gauge your personality more or they may be more targeted towards your personality. Plan to keep your responses fresh yet consistent for each person you meet with during the second interview.
• You will likely have more opportunity to ask questions about the potential employer company in the second interview and will be expected to make more sophisticated inquiries than you did in the first interview.
It is important to listen for clues of what the employer seeks in the potential candidate being interviewed second time and look into the needs, concerns, issues and problems that you would be expected to handle. Also, either it is first interview or any subsequent interview, the key-word is ‘self confidence’. If you confidently passed the first interview, no one can keep you from getting through the rest.
Best of Luck!
Share and Enjoy